Sunday, December 10, 2006

Holiday Boiling

Since it's the holidays and that means parties and treats, I thought I would post a party treat recipe. I rarely bake, and when I do it's always the same few things that I have perfected over the years. This recipe is tried and true and was given to me by my friend Vanessa. It's not "baking" at all, it's actually boiling and it's easy and so very tasty.


Boiled Chocolate Cookies

NO SUGAR, CAN BE NO DAIRY


1/2 cup good quality coconut oil or non-Gmo margerine or you can use organic butter (I use coconut oil or butter)
1/2 cup rice milk (or soy)
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
a pinch of cayenne
1/2 cup pure cocoa
2 1/2 cups rolled oats



Put butter, milk, honey and cocoa into saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir often. Boil about 5 minutes.



Remove from heat, stir in rolled oats, drop by teaspoons onto wax paper. They should look like little blobs. Put into freezer for 1 hour, then transfer to tupperware containers. Store them in the freezer to keep them firm and cold.

ENJOY!

5 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Dang! I literally have cookies in the oven right now - and I totally would have made these instead if I read it first! Oh well, seed cookies today, chocolate cookies tomorrow...

3:05 PM  
Blogger Lindsay H said...

butter is dairy?
do you know if they would work with margarine or something else? they sound yummy!

7:03 PM  
Blogger The Nutritionista said...

Oh no!
Ofcourse butter is dairy. I didn't realize that I wrote that. You could use margerine too...use the GMO free stuff though.

7:51 AM  
Blogger The Nutritionista said...

I've reposted with what I originally meant to post... fat-wise. That's what happens when you write blogs late at night.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum! my mom makes a version of these! yours is probably healthier!
-ketalady

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home