Monday, October 30, 2006

I Like to Move it, Move it

Wednesday is moving day! What does this mean for me?? STRESS!!! I am trying to keep the stress monster at bay....getting my vitamins (especially C and B's), drinking tons of water, getting lots of sleep and trying to avoid things like coffee and alcohol. I am also taking lots of breaks between boxes to relax and meditate to stay nice and centered.
I am also eating lots of DULSE!

Sorry for the stolen image but my camera gear is packed away.

Dulse is a sea vegetable that is grown along North Atlantic and Northwest Pacific coastlines. It comes in a small bag and can be found at any healthfood store, usually around the asian section of the store, where the other seaweeds are. It is a good source of so many things. A handful will provide more than what you need in a day of Vitamin B6, 66% of Vitamin B12, making sea veggies one of the few plant sources of B12. It also has amazing levels of B1 and B2, which are essential for energy production and metabolism, which are a must in times of stress.

Dulse is also high in iron which is needed for red blood cells that carry oxygen through the body. Good oxygen flow means energy. It is also a good source of Vitamin C - my favourite anti oxidant, which is needed for detoxification and Vitamin E which helps keep the cells strong and helps them fight against free radicals.

I am a bit of a salt junkie so I am ok with eating it straight out of the bag. For some people, the salt, seaweed taste is too strong. In that case, it can be added to soups or toasted in pan on the stove, which turns it into a chip and tones down the strong taste a bit.

Be well,
c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home