Thursday, April 26, 2007

Rah Rah Rice Cakes!

I said that I would post any products that I found and were worthy of sharing. It's not often that I do find a food in a package that I deem wicked awesome.

Now I know rice cakes are a cliche. People assume that's all that "healthy people" eat. Rice cakes are a snack! End of story. But not all rice cakes are good for you. Most of them are made with white rice and badly grown rice at that. Most commercial products use the crappiest rice for rice cakes. Don't even get me started on the caramel flavoured ones!!??

The thing with me and rice cakes is I like them but they're just ok. That was until I met these bad boys...



The ones I love are the WILD RICE but the Brown Rice are great too. I see that they have flavoured ones too, which I haven't tried nor would I recommend but that's just me...I would suggest spreading some apple butter on a plain one instead. They are the most intensely flavoured rice cakes I've ever had. They claim to have twice the amount of rice as other cakes.

The company has been doing what they refer to as "eco-farming" for years ("before organic was fashionable"). "
We believe a healthy soil will produce healthy food. We believe the soil is living, and as such needs to be fed and cared for,"
. It would seem that some of the products are certified organic and some are "eco-farmed", which means they still follow the principals of organic practice which includes the exclusion of any GMO's.

Anyways, they are made by these guys...I think I trust them.




Oh and stay tuned for this weeks debut of ASK THE NUTRITIONISTA.

Take care,

The Nutritionista

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Ha-ha! Austen teases me because I buy these. He thinks it's hilarious that I not only eat rice cakes, but organic brown rice cakes. Health to the extreme, man!

1:45 PM  
Blogger DarkWing said...

I love the caramel ones :p
maybe I'll try these.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These are the only kind I buy, I love, love, love them! The lightly salted ones have no fat, Gluten Free, only 15g of carbs...the BEST!Highly recommend!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home