Tuesday, May 22, 2007

First BBQ Potato Salad

This past Saturday was the first BBQ of the summer, hosted by my good friend's Julia and Austen. There is nothing better than being outside, eating good food.

They took care of the food, grilled veggies on the brand new barby! I decided to make something simple. Potato salad is one of those things the really makes me think of summer.

Speaking of...I am sitting in the park writing this right now. BLISS!

EASY POTATO SALAD


boil up some new potatoes in a pot.
New potatoes are less starchy and will keep their shape better after being boiled.

while potatoes are boiling...
grab a large bowl and begin your dressing. I like to just build it in the bottom of the bowl and then add the potatoes to it.

What you will need:
one lemon
extra virgin olive oil
salt
pepper
good quality dijon mustard (chunky is better)
a bunch of fresh dill, chopped

In the bottom of your bowl, zest and then juice the lemon.
Add about a tbsp of the dijon mustard. Stir it up and then drizzle in about a quarter of a cup of olive oil. Add your salt and pepper and whisk it so the oil emulsifies.

Once the potatoes are tender, drain them and then cut into quarters. Add them to the bowl and give it a toss. Then add the dill. Taste it to make sure there is enough salt or oil or whatever you think it's lacking.



Take care,
THE NUTRITIONISTA

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That recipe sounds great. I will have to try it out soon! :)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

And I got to keep the leftovers!Mmm...leftovers. Thanks for not mentioning I burned everything else. I'll have to char some more portabellos for ya real soon!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home